Programs for Teens at Membership Beach
Teens today spend countless hours in front of a TV or phone screen, barely communicating through anything besides text or interacting directly with their peers. At Membership Beach, the phones are left at home and your teen is outside in the fresh air, playing and growing with others their age.
TWEEN & TEEN PROGRAM
The Tween & Teen program is designed to develop leadership skills, facilitate new friendships and allow teens to spend their summer in a rewarding and fun program.
The group meets every day at 9:30 AM and have their headquarters at Julia’s Place Pavilion by the volleyball area. Each day participants should bring a swimsuit, towel, sneakers, a bagged lunch and drinks. Pick up is at 4:00 PM.
Tween Program: Youths Entering Grades 6, 7 & 8
Session 1: June 29 – July 10
Session 3: July 27 – August 7
Teen Program: Youths Entering Grades, 7, 8 & 9
Session 2: July 13 – July 24
Session 4: August 10 – August 21
40 Tweens & Teens are accepted each session.
REGISTRATION FOR TWEEN & TEEN PROGRAMS
Registration opens to MEMBERS on MONDAY, JAN 5 at 7 AM
NON-MEMBERS may register on MONDAY, MARCH 2 at 9 AM
- To make your visit on Jan 5 as quick and efficient as possible, sign up for your Membership online ahead of time and update your account. OR you can bring the 2015 Registration Card with you on Jan 5.
- Please have all the forms completed ahead of time with the most recent vaccination form. We cannot accept any incomplete applications. To download forms, Teen Program Forms
- We accept checks made out to Hale Reservation and VISA or Mastercard for payments.
- In-person registrations are accepted first, and then enrollments through mail, which are date stamped upon arrival and processed in order. Receipts will be emailed upon complete registration. We process registrations as quickly as possible. Thank you for your patience.
Refund Policy: Before the Beach opens, you will receive a refund minus a $75 non-refundable processing fee. After the Beach is open, prior to the enrolled start date, your full registration fee minus a $75 non-refundable processing fee will be returned if the spot can be filled. If your Teen does not attend or cancels after the enrolled session starts, the entire fee is non-refundable.
Members are given preference until March 2. Teens and Tweens who are not members may join the program if space permits on March 2. All forms and payment must be submitted for your spot to be reserved!
The Tween & Teen Program complies with the regulations of the Massachusetts
Department of Public Health and is licensed by the Westwood Board of Health.
HIGH SCHOOL VOLUNTEER PROGRAM
High School Volunteers have an opportunity to give back and help out at Membership Beach. There are several areas in which teens can volunteer, each offering a different experience for the Teens.
- Tween & Teen Program Volunteer (3-4 volunteers needed): Volunteers will shadow the Teen Supervisor and help design, develop and implement the program. They will get to know the program participants and experience what it takes to lead a group.
- Arts & Crafts (2-3 needed): Volunteers will help Arts & Crafts Directors prepare projects and will help kids of all ages become the next Picasso or Van Gough.
- Swim Lessons (3-4 needed): Volunteers will be in the water assisting with swim lessons. Occasionally, lessons can have many participants, and having the extra hands and eyes on the little ones, is extremely helpful. Volunteers will not be responsible for any instruction.
- Boating Lessons (1 needed): Volunteers will assist with Ca-Rowing, Boating Adventures and Sailing Lessons. A background in boating is essential for this area of volunteering.
- Nature Education (2 needed): Volunteers will assist the Nature expert on the trails keeping the group together and making sure to keep eyes on the little ones at all times.
Interested high schoolers must complete the 2015 Membership Beach High School Volunteer Application and emailed to:
Shannon Obey: firstname.lastname@example.org
Subject Line: HS Volunteer Application