Programs for Teens at Membership Beach
Teens today spend countless hours in front of a TV or phone screen, barely communicating through anything besides text or interacting directly with their peers. At Membership Beach, the phones are left at home and your teen is outside in the fresh air, playing and growing with others their age.
TWEEN & TEEN PROGRAM
The Tween & Teen program is based on a freeplay model designed to facilitate new friendships and allow teens to spend their summer outside in a rewarding and fun program.
The group meets every day at 9:30 AM and have their headquarters at Julia’s Place Pavilion by the volleyball area. Each day participants should bring a swimsuit, towel, sneakers, a bagged lunch and drinks. Pick up is at 4:00 PM.
Tween Program: Youths Entering Grades 6, 7 & 8
Session 1: June 27 – July 8
Session 3: July 25 – August 5
Teen Program: Youths Entering Grades, 7, 8 & 9
Session 2: July 11 – July 22
Session 4: August 8 – August 19
40 Tweens & Teens are accepted each session.
2016 REGISTRATION FOR TWEEN & TEEN PROGRAMS
Registration IS OPEN
Full Family Members: $250
Twilight Members: $300
Session Bundle Members: $250/$450 (Session Bundle Members pay $250 for Sessions in which they hold a valid Membership)
Non-Members & Empty Nester Members: $450
- We accept registrations in person and through the mail. In-person registrations are accepted first, and then enrollments through mail, which are date stamped upon arrival and processed in order. Receipts will be emailed upon complete registration. We process registrations as quickly as possible. Thank you for your patience.
- To make your visit on January 4 as quick and efficient as possible, sign up for your Membership online ahead of time and update your account. OR you can bring the 2015 Registration Card with you on January 4.
- Please have all the forms completed ahead of time with the most recent vaccination form. We cannot accept any incomplete applications. To download forms, click here: Hale Forms Page
- We accept checks made out to Hale Reservation and VISA or Mastercard for payments.
- Half Sessions will only be accepted June 1.
Refund Policy: Before the Beach opens, you will receive a refund minus a $75 non-refundable processing fee. After the Beach is open, prior to the enrolled start date, your full registration fee minus a $75 non-refundable processing fee will be returned if the spot can be filled. If your Teen does not attend or cancels after the enrolled session starts, the entire fee is non-refundable.
Members are given preference until the first Monday in March. Teens and Tweens who are not members may join the program if space permits after that date. All forms and payment must be submitted for your spot to be reserved!
The Tween & Teen Program complies with the regulations of the Massachusetts
Department of Public Health and is licensed by the Westwood Board of Health.
HIGH SCHOOL VOLUNTEER PROGRAM
High School Volunteers have an opportunity to give back and help out at Membership Beach. There are several areas in which teens can volunteer, each offering a different experience for the Teens.
- Tween & Teen Program Volunteer (3-4 volunteers needed): Volunteers will shadow the Teen Supervisor and help design, develop and implement the program. They will get to know the program participants and experience what it takes to lead a group.
- Arts & Crafts (2-3 needed): Volunteers will help Arts & Crafts Directors prepare projects and will help kids of all ages become the next Picasso or Van Gough.
- Swim Lessons (3-4 needed): Volunteers will be in the water assisting with swim lessons. Occasionally, lessons can have many participants, and having the extra hands and eyes on the little ones, is extremely helpful. Volunteers will not be responsible for any instruction.
- Boating Lessons (1 needed): Volunteers will assist with Ca-Rowing, Boating Adventures and Sailing Lessons. A background in boating is essential for this area of volunteering.
- Nature Education (2 needed): Volunteers will assist the Nature expert on the trails keeping the group together and making sure to keep eyes on the little ones at all times.
Interested high schoolers must complete the 2016 High School Volunteer Application on the Forms Page and emailed to:
Shannon Obey: firstname.lastname@example.org
Subject Line: HS Volunteer Application