Hale Day Camp Activities
Learning to swim, striving to pass the “deep end” test, perfecting the “cannonball” technique, or just splashing around, everyone loves swimming in Powissett Pond! Campers have American Red Cross swim lessons and free swim each day (weather permitting).
Explore the woods for edible berries and plants, and learn to identify local flora in Hale’s big backyard. Campers will see and handle animal skins and skulls as they search for animal signs and learn to identify them by habitat, tracks and scat.
Our boating program will be located on the big pond this year – Noanet.This will give campers more to explore whether they are experienced paddlers or just getting started. Campers will learn how to get in and out of boats safely, how to hold paddles, and different paddle strokes. Safety is our number one concern and boating instructors and counselors are on-hand to assist.
Arts and Crafts
The Arts and Crafts lodge is always hopping with music and breezes to inspire campers’ imaginations. Craft projects include friendship bracelets, finger painting, animal masks, leather crafts, basket weaving and tye dye.
Archery is our most requested program at Hale Day Camp. With certified instructors teaching the basics or working with campers to further their skills, your camper will be sure to have loads of fun!
Sports & Games
At Hale Day Camp it’s not about winning and losing but having fun and learning to work together. No matter their skill level, campers will enjoy games such as “Wiffle Ball,” “Nuke ‘em,” “Kick Ball,” “Ga-Ga Ball,” “Drip, Drip, Drop,” “Frisbee Golf” and many, many more! Our focus is team play and good sportsmanship, so come join us for fun on the field!
Adventure and Outdoor Living Skills
Ever wish you could rock climb, learn to build a proper shelter, or build a fire with wet wood? With Outdoor Living Skills you can and will. There’s fishing and hiking and and more skills just waiting to be discovered.
Family picnics, theme days, overdays, overnights, and barbeques, are some of the special events that happen throughout the summer and offer campers extra fun! Parents are invited to join their Lower & Middle Campers for their BBQs.
Special Events for each Division and Session
- Kinder, Lower and Middle Camp enjoy special events each session such as the Rain Forest Reptiles and BBQs.
- Upper Camp travels to the coast for the ultimate beach day.
- Outdoor Adventures I and Mountain Bikers II & LIT will join Upper Camp for beach trips.
- Mountain Bikers I enjoy a fun, full day ride through trails connecting Hale Reservation and Caryl Park in Dover.
- Outdoor Adventurers II takes a special four day, three night trip to New Hampshire.
- LIT Campers plan and implement day trips during each session, including overnights on and off Hale’s campus.
- Every Session ends with a special theme day including “Gold Rush,” “Halloween Day,” “Super Hero Day,” or “Color Day.”